Senior Coordinator Business Development (Key Account Management)
This position, based in Hereford, is for a full-time Senior Co-ordinator Business Development (SCBD) for Ambrey’s Key Account Management department. The SCBD will be responsible for supporting the Business Development team from first client contact; providing quotation, managing the transit, through to the final invoice.
This holistic approach will ensure client focused delivery on time and on budget to contract specification. The post holder will be the member of a small team and will control allocated elements of commercial capability to ensure that every transit makes a profit.
The SCBD will work closely with and take direction from the Business Development team.
It is vital that the individual at all times promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business. It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows;
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the manner in which they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Strong client-facing skills, with ability to efficiently communicate with a wide range of clients via phone and email.
- High levels of initiative, motivation and attention to detail.
- Have good judgement and decision making skills.
- Ability to multitask in a pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate client requiments and produce solutions.
- Excellent IT skills covering Microsoft Office.
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to manage numerous tasks simultaneously while meeting exacting deadlines.
- Have a thorough understanding of the cost and pricing model for a transit so as to ensure the maximisation of profit on every transit.
The following skills and experience are desirable for this role:
- Previous experience within the maritime services sector in a Commercial or Operations role.
- Knowledge and understanding of key maritime and land-based security issues, including piracy, port security and terrorism.
- Previous experience of working with international clients.
- Previous sales experience and/or B2B sales.
- Experience of using a CRM system.
The role will entail responsibility as follows:
The role will include, and not be limited to;
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of all of your clients’ needs and requirements.
- Liaise with Transit Co-ordinators on contracts and invoicing.
- Manage external relationships with clients.
- Work with the Transit Management team to ensure all transits across the business are supported in the most cost-efficient manner whilst also delivering on client requirement
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the cost and profit model used by Ambrey to ensure that maximum profitability is delivered on every transit within the team.
- Have client-facing skills, with business development capability with existing and new clients.
- Ability to network and establish relationships with client organisations.
- Lead sourcing for the Business Development Team.
- Be interchangeable and able to support the Business Development team.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of policies and procedures in line with Ambrey ISO requirements.
- Undertake any other task which the Business Development team deems reasonable from a management perspective.
- Assist in proactively managing the group mailboxes. Clear understanding of client and supplier responsibilities.
- Support the Transit Managers with accurate commmercial information from the client to enable smooth running of the transit.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to timelines with all industry codes, client KPIs, schedules, internal procedures and updates.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality/data protection regarding all personal information and Ambrey activity must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act. The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Ambrey Information Governance policies and procedures. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Equal Opportunities: Promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and managing diversity across the business.
- Health and Safety: Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to maintain a safe working environment for service users, visitors and employees.
- Professional standards and performance review: Maintain consistent high professional standards. Employees are expected to participate in the performance review process.
- The post-holder is required to adhere to the international code of conduct for private security providers at all levels.
- Finance: All Ambrey staff will comply with financial processes and procedures.
Terms and conditions:
- Hours of work are 40 hours per week plus additional hours as required and directed, out of hours working on a routine basis
- Annual Leave: 25 days pa. plus public holidays
- Starting salary dependent on experience.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.